Posted by Admin on September, 02, 2019
Rice is one of the staple food of the people residing in South East Asian countries. Rice is mainly cultivated in the Indian subcontinent and China. A large variety of rice is grown in this part of the world. It is a worldwide known fact that Basmati rice is cultivated initially in India and parts of Pakistan.
Indian production of Basmati rice accounts to over two-thirds of the global supply. However, with ever-increasing demand, the basmati rice is being domestically cultivated in various countries across the world, having suitable climatic conditions for such productions.
Why Basmati Rice is Special ?
The uniqueness of the Basmati rice lies in its shape and mostly fragrance, as the name in itself is derived from the Hindi word of ‘fragrant.’ The uniqueness of basmati rice over other varieties of rice is its shape, its non-sticky grains singular grains, and textural value. The size of the grains though varies from small to medium.
The short-grain rice variety is extensively used in America. This variety is intensely spicy, nutty, and floral. The long-grain rice variety is suited explicitly for sauce dishes and having the flavor of its own. There are many Basmati Rice Suppliers in West Bengal who offer the best quality of rice at affordable rates.
How to check for the best basmati rice?
Basmati rice is one of the most beautiful and most used rice all over the world to prepare various delicacies. There are multiple ways of checking the quality and type of Basmati rice. Some of them are:
• Shape: Its form determines the better basmati rice variety. The longer the grain, the better the taste becomes. Along with the taste, the flavor, as well as the boiling time, is crucial for the best variety of basmati rice. Flatter along the sides is not the best choice of basmati rice.
• Packaging: A plastic packaged basmati rice is certainly not the best choice. It is wrapping itself should identify the best variety of basmati rice. The packaging itself speaks for the quality. It is always wise to look for the cloth packaging with the label ‘extra-long grain’.
• Colour: The complete white grains are certainly not the best ones. The best variety of the basmati grains does not have a shiny white coat but instead has a sight golden hue. But certainly should not be gray.
• Age: The quality and taste mature with age, and with aging come the golden hue color. Similar to the aging phenomena of wine, the aged basmati rice costs the most. This is one of the unique features of this type of rice grains.
• Stickiness: The best variety is determined by the free-flowing cooked grains rather than the sticky ones. So it must be checked carefully.
• Breakage: The long and slender grains are more prone to damage. The rupture usually occurs in the milling and polishing of the grains.
• Yield: The uniqueness of the basmati rice grains comes from the cultivation in the Himalayan regions.
Rice is prepared all over the world. It is one of the staple food in many parts of society. There are many cultures which consider rice as one of the most important food grain. Basmati rice is one of the most savories is used in various rice preparations all over the world.